We love a naughty but, oh, so nice brunch here at NORSK... and we know you do too. This French Toast Recipe with banana, crisp pancetta and sweet and sticky maple syrup is one of our favourites and now, if you can't make it to see us at the cafe, you can whip it up yourself at home.
2 large eggs
80ml whole milk
40ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
4 thick slices brioche
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp butter
1. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.
2. Lay the brioche slices in a single layer in a shallow dish and pour the egg mixture over them. Allow to soak for 2-3 mins, then carefully turn over and soak for 2 mins more.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until foaming.
4. Carefully lift 2 slices of the soaked brioche out of the dish and add to the frying pan. Fry for 3 mins on each side, until golden and crisp, then place on a wire rack over a baking tray in a warm oven until ready to serve
5. Serve with pancetta and banana, drizzle with maple syrup and dust with icing sugar.